Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What are the findings from the fasting blood sugar report?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Just Know I had done the test blood FBS - 112, PPBS-166. what should i do?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that your report of blood sugar is definitely not in normal limits . Your HbA1c is in higher range . Its not in the diabetes range but in pre diabetes level . Life style modification will be the best way to deal with this . Avoiding sugary foods , losing weight , doing regular exercise , eating whole grains and low glycemic foods will help you control this . No medications will be advisable as if now . You should repeat these tests after 1 month because one reading is never reliable . we need to confirm this . Other thing is your vitamin D is very low . You need to take Vitamin D 60,000 IU weekly for 12 weeks then once monthly to correct this deficiency . Take care. Dr Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor