Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the essential routine tests for diagnosing coronary artery disease or other disorders?

Answered by
Dr. Ilir Sharka


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 6570 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: XXXX XXXX XXXXXX as advertised offers various tests that are not generally prescribed by Doctor unless unless symptoms noted for clogged arteries etc. As stated prior , I am 70 yrs old and I am concerned about these issues. Do you recommend these tests? I have ask questions from you prior.


Thank you. I was looking for response via my e-mail.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I understand your concern and would explain that these tests are a good option to check for coronary artery disease or other disorders.

I agree with you on the fact that considering your age and the fact that you suffer from high blood pressure (as you are taking lisinopril), it would be rational performing periodical check up every 6-12 months including:

- a resting ECG and a cardiac ultrasound
- a chest X ray study
- complete blood count
- kidney and liver function tests
- blood lipid profile
- blood electrolytes
- thyroid hormone levels
- fasting glucose.

XXXX XXXX XXXXXX provides several Screening packages (like Health risk assessment-6 for lLfe) which help investigate for coronary artery disease, any lung disorder or stroke.

I would also encourage you to follow a healthy lifestyle:

- follow a balanced diet (Mediterranean diet is recommended)
- avoid smoking contacts and alcohol intake
- try to maintain your blood pressure under control
- perform a lot of physical activity (aerobics, Yoga, walking, etc.)
- try to lose some pounds if you are overweight.

I would recommend discussing with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope you will find this answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome!

I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Wishing you good health!

Take care,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on