What are the effects of nicotine on nuclear stress test?
It's actually quite complex since the acetylcholine that nicotine mimics controls/changes/modulates just about every physiological process.
It causes vasoconstriction and raises blood pressure which causes increased acute strain on the heart and blood vessels and acts as a mild stress test by itself.
It increases alertness, motivation and enhances motivation to do stress tests.. but you don't do as well on them...you can't do as much of a stress test if you are exposed to nicotine
this isn't relevant to a nuclear one in which motivation does not apply.
Mostly, it would tend to increase ischemia.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prep for nuclear stress test
- Nuclear stress test after effects
- Positive nuclear stress test
- Nuclear stress test abnormal
- Dextrocardia and nuclear stress test
- Is nuclear stress test painful
- Nuclear stress test frequency
- Nuclear stress test interpretation
- Dangers of nuclear stress test
- Length of nuclear stress test