What are the effects of Practin and decdan tablets?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi,
I am a 6ft 2 inch male of 33ys. Due to my chain smoking and everyday drinking(90ml) i have become extremely weak. Although my libido has not gone down, size of my penis has decreased(length and girth). I also have deficiency of B12 and regular headaches and body aches. Currently i have been prescribed methycobal injection once in 4 days. But there is no improvement.I am thinking of taking practin and decdan tablets to improve my appetite. how can i improve both my concerns(my health and my size) should i take these meds.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should avoid steroids.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms.

I agree that eating well would help you get better. For this you can take practin, but avoid decdan, a steroid. This is because steroids can have lot of side effects.

In addition to methycobal (vitamin B12), you should also take thiamine (vitamin B1) tablets/injections, as alcohol leads to deficiency of thiamine vitamin also.

Size of penis does not matter, as after erection, it reaches the appropriate length, and is able to satisfy the sexual partner.

For relief of headaches, which could be muscle tension-related, you can take dothiepin (prothiaden) tablets.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Thanks for d quick reply. My penis, before 3 yrs would be 2 inches longer when fully erect and would be 1.5 inches thicker than what it is today. How has the size reduced. Do u think that b12 deficiency has led to weaker blood vessels n hence d Shrinkage? If so, please suggest a remedy for d same.
For acidity, I regularly take pan d.. Is it okay for regular long term use.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional deficiency may be the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

It is possible that vitamin B12 deficiency and other nutritional deficiencies are responsible for the size reduction.

Also, smoking and alcohol may lead to reduced blood supply to penis and cause problems.

Pan-D is a good medicine for treating acidity.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj