What are the effect of lapse in the use of Necon?
with one month gap it becomes ineffective
Hello dear,I understand your concern.
In my opinion necon 1/35 is a combined hormonal pill containing estrogen and progesterone.
Combined pill is used for:-
1) Prevention of pregnancy by
-inhibiting egg release
-making cervix thick and sperm penetration becomes difficult.
- Thinning the uterine lining and not favouring the embryo to attach.
The combined hormonal pill is to be taken daily at fixed time for 21 days and with a gap of 7 days.
Chance of pregnancy increases as the number of pills are missed.
So when a gap of month occurs without taking a pill there will be no protection by this method and you have to go for another methods like condom for protection.
You can start again with a new pack from the first day of the period.
If you dint get the period while on the pill consult doctor as you might need check for pregnancy by urine pregnancy test before starting with a new pack.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to ask any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is necon 1 / 35 used in the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding ?
- Is severe headaches of sudden onset a side effect of necon 1/35?
- Cyclafem and necon
- Side effects of necon
- Is vomitingbreast tenderness a side effect of necon 1/35?
- Is severe nausea or vomiting a side effect of necon 1/35?
- Is stomach pain a side effect of necon 1/35?
- Is rash a side effect of necon 1/35?
- Is severe nausea or vomiting a side effect of necon 0.5/35?
- Is diarrhea a side effect of necon 1/35?