• question-icon

What are the easiest ways to maintain fairness during summer?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sir, what are the easiest ways to maintain fairness during this summer? I am always on field work, travelling by two wheeler the whole day. My fore arms, fist, face, feet have become dark. I used to be VERY fair but I have become dark.

I always use Sun screen lotion, what but it's not effective on me. anything that u can suggest which is easily available in home that would help? like applying curd twice a day as face pack or anything as such..

or anything else which is easy can be done?? please answer in detail which would be helpful for both boys and girls.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pigment reducing cream in addition to sunscreen and tablets

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern
I suggest you to use a pigment reducing cream/ demelanising cream in addition to a sunscreen.
You may use either Demelan cream (glycolic acid, kojic acid and arbutin) Or Glyco-A 12% cream (glycolic acid), once daily at night over the affected areas. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day i.e the one with spf 30 or more so as to protect against both UV A as well as UV B part of the the electromagnetic spectrum. You may also take a tablet of Melano-Tx (Proanthocynadin+tranexamic acid), twice daily for 3 months.
These are prescription medications and I suggest that you use them under supervision of a dermatologist in your vicnity.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist