What are the early symptoms of pregnancy ?

Posted on Thu, 3 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Hi, I'm 28 and have been TTc since 3 months now. My Periods are due on 19th of this month. However, i've been feeling waves of dizziness and nausea over the past week. this has never been a PMS sign for me. Also mild period like cramping is occurring off and on for 3-4 days. this is also not normal before periods for me, which are quite regular. i have tenderness in the base of my breasts n nipples. This does happen regularly before my periods.. i'm confused now if i am pregnant or not this moth.. pls help
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query

It would be too early to comment for the pregnancy at this stage. Though the symptoms reported by you(nausea,dizziness,sore breasts,cramps) are suggestive of pregnancy; but they can occur due to hormonal changes just before the periods as well.

Kindly wait for the periods.

If they do not start within a week of expected date, get a Blood HCG test done for pregnancy determination as it is a confirmatory test. Urine pregnancy tests are not confirmatory and can give false results.

All the Best.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query if any.

Dr. Mitaly