Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

What are the differences in appearance in herpes blisters and genital warts and where are they located?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I was wondering if someone could answer this question for me. What are the differences in appearance when it comes to herpes blisters, genital warts, sebaceous glands, hair follicuiltious and fordyce spots and where they are located on the genital area.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 days later
Brief Answer: physiological and pathological Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Herpes blister are pustular lesions that can appear on vaginal area, labia majora, mons, anus, buttocks, cervix etc. Genital warts appear as pink or flesh colored masses either flat or rised or appear in shape of cauliflower. They can appear on areas mentioned above. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Sebaceous glands and hair follicles will be present on labia majora and mons. Labia minora will not contain these structures. Occlusion of the ducts of sebaceous gland can form sebaceous cysts. Usually they will appear as painless slow growing bumps. When get infected they can transform into reddish tender bumps containing cheesy material. Infected hair follicle can cause folliculitis. They appear as red pimples containing pus and blood. Some people may have visible sebaceous glands over mons and labia majora. These are not pathological. They appear as small, painless, rised white or pink spots. Reference : WWW.WWWW.WW spots Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor