What are the differences between foot fungus, nail fungus and yeast infections?

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
what is the difference between foot fungus, nail fungus and yeast infections? can they alll be treated the same? and what is the superbug fungus Candida Auris?
5 days ago in Infections

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, candida Auris can cause severe infections.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to healthcare magic.

You should know that these three infections are fungal infections but the difference is how it infects different people and of course the type of fungus that can cause these infections.

Yes all of them can be treated the same with antifungal treatments but in different forms like antifungal cream, liquid or ovule.

Yes, candida Auris according to the recent studies can cause severe infections.

I hope my answer helps you. Feel free to ask further.
Regards.

Follow-up: What are the differences between foot fungus, nail fungus and yeast infections? 59 minutes later
You say
"Yes all of them can be treated the same with antifungal treatments but in different forms like antifungal cream, liquid or ovule."
I don't understand the use of the word ovule in this content.

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovule means vaginal suppository.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Ovule means vaginal suppository for vaginal yeast with myconazole or econazole etc.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: What are the differences between foot fungus, nail fungus and yeast infections? 2 days later
I thought that might be a suppository.
What if it's not vaginal. What if it's in the digestive tract?
Use the TERBINAFINE 250 MG TAB again?

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually I use probiotic.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

Usually for candida of digestive tract I prescribe Probiotic to regulate the intestinal flora. But in immunodepres patient for a sistemic candida we use fluconazole IV.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: What are the differences between foot fungus, nail fungus and yeast infections? 16 hours later
I'm going to see my GP this Friday and hope that he can also help me. I say also, because you have helped my understanding of this problem.
Years ago I had the same problem and I was so bloated that someone asked me when I was due. I had a different doctor and I believe what he prescribed started with a F, maybe Fluconazole. It was so long ago that I've forgotten. I plan to discuss this with my current doctor.

I don't want this to happen again. Do you think that in the future I might be able to help myself by eating yogurt at least once a day?

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yougurt can have a good impact on intestinal flora.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

It is know that use of yougurt can have a good impact on intestinal flora.So based on this fact you can use it.
Furthermore I suggest to use probiotics as well to improve better the intestinal flora.

I hope my answer helps you.

Regards.