What are the diagnostic intervention and goals for person having diabetes, dementia, glaucoma, osteoarthritis and hip pinning?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: hi ,i need diagnostic intervention and goals of psychological pt who is 92 yrs old who lives in retirment home care who is type 2 diabetes ,dementia ,osteoarthritis glaucome,depression,aniety and right hip pinning . thank you
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well I would like to tell you one thing that since the patient is ahving mutiple problems it will be very difficult to have set goals . I think you need to see a physician and get him thoroughly assessed . He should get HbA1c tested for diabetes and strict dietary control . For dementia no diagnostic test is there , a MMSE will be required although . For osteoarthritis quadriceps exercises are recommended . The extent of joint damage needs to be assessed on X Ray Knees . For depression and anxiety a psychiatric consultation will be advisable because any treatment can be given after assessing the patient in person. Take care. Dr. Shruti