What are the days to have sex inspite of trying to conceive?

Question
Hi,I wish to conceive.However,I havent visited a gynaecologist on the Do's and Dont's.
I request advise on:
1. From the start of the period - lets say Day 1 - which are the days, I should try intercourse
2. Do I need to check my body temperature everyday? And try only on those days when my temperature is lowest?
3. Any preferred positions I need to keep in mind to have success
4. Any part of the day - like morning, evening - which would be better to have intercourse?
5. Is everyday intercourse on specific days recommended? Or alternate days?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ovulation prediction kits

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
Best days for conception are from day 10-16 of cycle counting the date of start of periods as day 1 of cycle in women with regular cycles.
It is recommended to have sex on alternate days during these days to have best results.
Lying down on your back a pillow beneath your buttocks is considered the best position.
Having sex at night just before sleeping is preferred because female tends to lie down for longer time without any activity and thus assisting in spermatogenesis ascent.
Checking daily body temperature is an easy method of confirmation ofthe fact that ovulation just happened but it gives no idea of the time when ovulation is about to occur so that one can have intercourse to match with ovulation.
Instead of temperature charting you can use ovulation prediction kits also called as LH kits which detect LH in urine and after that ovulation follows in 12-24 hours.
In case you have other questions i will be happy to help.