What are the conditions that causes low blood sugar and are abdominal pain and low blood sugar correlated?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I had an extreme Low Blood Sugar Reading (33) last night at 9:30 and had extreme Abdominal pain after it came up to 54 and did not go away still. My question is when is the Blood Sugar too low and is it normal for this pain. I get in the 30's quite frequently
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

About your concern.

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. I have gone carefully through your query.

Abdominal pain is not a common symptom of low blood sugar.

If you have blood sugar often and this is the first time you have abdominal pain, than you should of course see a physician to rule out any other pathology.

Meanwhile you should of course treat the blood sugar actually and prevent further hypoglycemic events adjusting your doses.

Hope the information will help.

Kind regards,

Dr. Mirjeta Guni
Endocrinologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T