What are the common urinary problems in elderly?
Frequency for urination at this age is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate,
Thanks for query .
Frequency for urination at the age of 78 years is mostly due to either Enlarged Prostate which is common at this age or due to uncontrolled diabetes and needs to be investigated .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Blood sugar estimation .
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
In the mean time start taking antibiotic like Cefotaxime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cortisone injections urinary problems
- Urinary tract infection in elderly
- What is the natural remedy for urinary retention problem
- Elephantiasis urinary problems
- Dua for urinary problem
- Bisoprolol fumarate urinary problems
- Urinary problems on vyvanse
- What ingridient in cetirizine causes urinary problems
- Medical problems what treatment is given for pyuria in urinary
- Urinary retention in elderly women
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?