What are the common sypmtoms of HIV in a man
You had not mentioned your age in the question.
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor'.
The common symtoms of HIV are fever, diarrhea, cough for more than one month, unexplained body weight loss more than 10% of actual in one month. These symtoms are common for all the age group and you can go for HIV test any time but if history of any risky exposure is there then better to go for test atleast after 15 days of exposure for getting reliable result.
The pain in abdomen since 1-2 months may be due to some surgical cause like pancreatitis, cholecystitis or any other so consult any surgeon, get done ultrasound and other necessary tests as suggested by doctor to isolate the cause and follow the treatment regime. If any other query related to HIV is there feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?