What are the chances of survival with 8cm abdominal aneurysm?
I strongly recommend to follow the interventional repair of aneurysm.
Thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern, and would like to explain that your brother's doctor has adviced the right way to follow, as an abdominal aneurysm greater than 5.5 cm in diameter (or with a growth rate of more than 0.6 to 0.8 cm per year) is a clear indication for aortic repair (open surgery or endovascular repair by means of cloth graft with a stent exoskeleton implantation).
I strongly suggest to undergo this way, as mortality after aneurysm rupture (the most dangerous and fearful aneurysm complication), is very high, greater than 90% out of hospital.
Hope to have been helpful to you.
Feel free to ask me whenever you need. Greetings! Dr. Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal aneurysm
- What are the symptoms of an abdominal aneurysm
- Do people survive abdominal aneurysm
- Blood in urine abdominal aneurysm
- Treatment and cure for abdominal aneurysm
- Symptoms of abdominal aneurysm
- Diagnosis of abdominal aneurysm
- Soriatane and aortic abdominal aneurysms
- Drugs/medication for abdominal aneurysm
- Abdominal aneurysm causes