What are the chances of pregnancy with non penetrative intercourse?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, exactly before 12 days (July-26 After noon) me and my girl friend were close to each other and i just rubbed my penis in her vagina where she was also ovulating and i was also sperming.. I haven't inserted my penis but is there any cause of pregnancy? is there an pill's she can take to avoid pregnancy? need you help in urgent..
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
LOW CHANCE. DO ONE PREGNANCY TEST.

Detailed Answer:

1) If there is NO penetrative sex or ejaculation inside vagina during ovulation time, then chance of pregnancy is quite LOW from rubbing penis around vagina.

2) Here, I suggest her to undergo one home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy if she misses her regular period. Treatment can ONLY be given following the test.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish her good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 9 hours later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your quick response on this. As this is our first time and we don't know much about it in detail, I am really very feared about her periods getting missed. I have explained in detail again, I kindly request you to provide your inputs on this asap.

Usually the 4th day of every month she used to attain her period(Last on July 04). The incident happened on July -26. I even exactly couldn't confirm that she was ovulating by that time of happening(rubbing my penis on her vagina) as that was the very first time I did that. She was secreting a white liquid at the time we were together(not sure whether this is ovulating) and unknowingly I just rubbed my penis on her vagina during that time. Its been 12 days exactly and including today its 13 days(not including July 26). And again after that moment(July-26), yesterday(Aug 07) she just noticed the white fluid secreting again.

Is this a cause for pregnancy? we are really worried about this. We require your guide and information on this as we can go for any preventive measure at the earliest. I would also bring to your notice that, she is now facing back pain and leg pain. She has the feeling that she is about to have her period but its not yet. Other than this she is not facing any problems showing early pregnancy. No vomiting sensation, no pain or stretch in her vaginal opening or any other changes with her.

And moreover, last month(Before and after her last period-July 8) but not now, due to some celebrations, she was roaming a lot in the city on high temperatures.
And for the last 20 days she is eating cashews on a regular basis. Has this made to miss her periods? These were the only changes made apart from her normal routine work.

Is this serious and do we have to go for any preventive measures? Looking for your reply asap
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
await few more days to get period.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

1) According to her last period date, she ovulated around 20th July (if previous cycle was regular) and you did sexual activity on 26th July (SAFE PERIOD).

There was NO penetration or ejaculation inside vagina. Therefore, she has RARE chance of pregnancy in this context.

2) Normally, period date may vary up to 7 days due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress. I suggest her to wait another 3-4 days to get period naturally. She would take healthy diet, avoid stress, keep bowel habit regular and take adequate rest. These will help to induce period.

3) Above features are MOSTLY suggestive of Premenstrual Symptom and it indicates that she will get period shortly. If she doesn't get her period after 5 days waiting, then she must undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt.

Hope, it helps to understand properly. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best and good luck.

Dr S Patra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 5 hours later
Hi Sir,

Very much thankful for your prompt reply on this. Yes, as you said we will wait for another 3-4 days.

I am hoping and praying to god that she should return to normal condition soon.

In case if it happens, i.e if she is no attaining her period even after waiting 5 days of time, is it 100% sure that she is pregnant?

In the mean while we will go for a home pregnancy test.

If its positive? is it possible to prevent pregnancy without affecting her health problems and also the
future affair between us?

Can you kindly suggest us some good gynecologist(in Chennai), where they would treat us in a good manner, without
revealing things to the outside world or to the parents?

Can the pregnancy be controlled within a month of time by taking any pills?

I request you to suggest some doctors as well and also to provide the name of the pill's if it has to be taken.

Please suggest the food items that will help to induce/bring period for her?

Hope everything goes good and i hope she shouldn't be pregnant.

Kindly provide your input's asap. Thanks a lot for your valuable information and guidance.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your additional queries.

1) Don't be worried much. In this case, she has RARE chance of pregnancy. Just await few more days and undergo one home pregnancy test in the absence of period. It will be helpful to clear doubt.

2) Absence of period DOESN'T mean always pregnancy. It may be due to some underlying causes like hormonal imbalance, mental stress, over weight, irregular diet habit, pelvic infection etc. On NEGATIVE test result, she may need to take progesterone pill to induce period.

3) On POSITIVE test (though RARE chance), medical abortion can be done with abortion pill under the guidance of local gynecologist who can only prescribe the medicine and give direction of using the pill. It will be helpful in emergency also.

4) For good doctors, you can search doctor panel according to specific location or contact Healthcare Magic Support team for assistance.

5) She can take some foods to induce period like Broccoli, Salmon fish, Green vegetables, Almonds, Sesame seed, Yoghurt, Soy milk, Egg, Red grapes, Tofu etc. These are quite helpful.

Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best and good luck.

Dr S Patra