What are the chances of pregnancy while treating PCOD?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: I am suffering from PCOD. now I am planning for a baby, is there any chances getting pregnancy early. please give me instruction to follow.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Losing extra weight will help.

Detailed Answer:
Metformin drug is widely used for the treatment of PCOD but should not be taken without doctor's guidance. It will help in decreasing the metabolic imbalance associated with PCOD.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are also given for menstrual irregularities.
Ovulation induction drugs are given for infertility. These will be needed in case there is a delay in conception.
Some doctor's prefer laparoscopic ovarian drilling but chances of adhesions are there.
But most important is exercising to lose weight and becoming fit. If exercise is not done then the hormonal imbalance will still be there. Proper diet consisting of low carbohydrates, low fat diet with plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables is needed. Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes. Avoid junk food, pastries, colas.
Both of you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj