What are the chances of pregnancy while treating PCOD?
Losing extra weight will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
Metformin drug is widely used for the treatment of PCOD but should not be taken without doctor's guidance. It will help in decreasing the metabolic imbalance associated with PCOD.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are also given for menstrual irregularities.
Ovulation induction drugs are given for infertility. These will be needed in case there is a delay in conception.
Some doctor's prefer laparoscopic ovarian drilling but chances of adhesions are there.
But most important is exercising to lose weight and becoming fit. If exercise is not done then the hormonal imbalance will still be there. Proper diet consisting of low carbohydrates, low fat diet with plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables is needed. Drink plenty of water. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes. Avoid junk food, pastries, colas.
Both of you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is pcod and how does it affect pregnancy
- Ovitrop injection chances pregnancy pcod patient
- Have missed period have pcod is there chances of pregnancy
- Delayed periods confirmed pcod any chances of pregnancy
- Taking metformin and ovigyn for pcod chances of pregnancy
- Pcod pregnancy chances
- Diagnosed with pcod before pregnancy which was treated with metformin
- Chances of pregnancy having pcod and ovarian cysts
- Ultrasound shows bulky uterus pcod chances of pregnancy
- What can be done for pregnancy when having pcod
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...