What are the chances of pregnancy when urine pregnancy test is negative?
I am 9 days late on my period. My cycle average is 29 days. My last period started September 27th. It is now November 3rd. According to my period tracker My husband and I had sex a few times during my fertile window and a couple days after. I took a hpt the day of my missed period and a few since, including today. Could I still be pregnant despite the false hpt? symptoms: I feel that my breasts are fuller but are not sore. My vagina looks more closed or tighter. I have been having gas (which I normally don't), I'm irritable and quite anxious. I'm also pretty tired. My cervical mucus is white and creamy-not stretchy. Other than that I have no other symptoms. Is it possible that I'm pregnant?
If you have a negative urine pregnancy test, you are not pregnant
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.
Pregnancy symptoms can vary a lot between women, and even the stress of worrying about pregnancy can make your menstrual cycle irregular. Cervical mucus is a very unreliable sign of pregnancy.
And breast tenderness, feeling moody and tired are all premenstrual symptoms.
So if you have taken multiple pregnancy tests correctly, and they are negative, you are not pregnant at this time.
I am sure you will start to menstruate some time before your next cycle will be due. If you do not menstruate for more than three months, it would be prudent for you to get an examintaion by a GYN doctor, who could prescribe medication to restart your cycle.
I hope I was able to adequately answer your question today and that this information was helpful.
If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes, Dr. Brown
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Negative pregnancy test ketones urine
- Hcg urine pregnancy test
- Urine pregnancy test accuracy
- Negative urine pregnancy test
- Frequent urination negative pregnancy test
- Spotting urine pregnancy test negative pregnancy chances
- What are the chances of pregnancy with negative pregnancy tests
- Are the urine pregnancy tests reliable
- Urine and bleach pregnancy test
- Chances of false negative pregnancy test
- Suggest treatment for irregular menstrual cycles post acupuncture
- What causes extreme weakness, fatigue and numbness during periods?
- Is pregnancy possible through oral sex?
- Can Femara be taken while treating infertility?
- What causes bleeding in cervix after taking Macrobid?
- How to calculate the length of menstrual cycle?
- Is there any relation between blood type and the ability to conceive?
- How safe and successful is VBAC?
- What causes burning sensation and itchiness in the vagina?
- What causes constant vaginal discharge in adult women?