question-icon

What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: Hi, I been here before and asked about pregnancy and it turned out well (not pregnant). But now it seems I'm in the same dire situation again. I'm extremely worried. Me and my girlfriend have been having a lot of unprotected sex from saturday to monday. I ejaculated twice during that time, but pulled out way beforehand. I peed immediately after the first time to remove any excess sperm left in the urethra and washed my penis, before going again the next day. But what worries me is that I unexpectedly felt a single contraction while I was inside her once, where I immediately pulled out and checked if there was any sign of sperm, but I saw none. The last time we did it I pulled out and ejaculated outside. However, I'm not sure if those are too many details. Oh and one last important detail is that it was in the middle of her menstrual cycle. My question is: May I have impregnated her? What are the chances?
Answered by Dr. S Patra (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Low chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Women are highly fertile from D12 to D18 of a regular cycle (28 to 30 days duration) and doing unprotected sex WITH or WITHOUT ejaculation (as precum contains small amount sperm) makes them pregnant for 1-25% (in single cycle).

2) As you involved in middle of her menstrual cycle (most fertile), then there is quite chance of pregnancy as mentioned above. However, it needs to confirm by doing home pregnancy test if she misses her next period. Review with test result for next management.

Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist