What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex during ovulation?
Chance of pregnancy is there. Do pregnancy test.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Women are highly fertile from D12 to D18 of a regular cycle (28 to 30 days duration) and involved in unprotected sex WITH or WITHOUT ejaculation (as precum contains small amount sperm) makes them pregnant for 1-25% (in single cycle).
2) As you involved in D16 of menstrual cycle (most fertile), then there is quite chance of pregnancy as mentioned above. However, you need to confirm by undergoing home pregnancy at the earliest. Review with test result for next management.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Do home pregnancy test to clear doubt.
Thanks for follow up query.
Period like bleeding for 2 days is NOT always NORMAL thing and excludes possible pregnancy. It may be seen in early pregnancy, pelvic or vaginal infection, stress, hormonal imbalance etc.
Normal period duration varies from 3-6 days in most women. Therefore, I suggest you to undergo one home pregnancy test to clear confusion.
Medical abortion can be done with abortion pills up to 9 weeks safely and it must be done under supervision of local gynecologist.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.
Low to negligible chance.
Chance of pregnancy is quite LOW or NEGLIGIBLE if you had gotten your period on 24th Feb after January.
However, I just want to confirm the same as you involved in unprotected sex on D16 of cycle (high fertile) and your period is lasted for 2 days only (NOT always normal). One home pregnancy test is sufficient to clear minimal confusion. It will be worthwhile for you.
Take healthy diet, drink more water, be stress free and maintain genital hygiene.
Practice safe sex in future and good luck.
Let me know following things.
I understand your concern. Just let me know few things:
1) Does your cycle is quite regular every month??
2) Duration of bleeding on an average?
3) Do you feel any other symptoms beside mentioned one?
4) Did you involve in protected or unprotected sex with ejaculation inside?
Average bleeding is 3 days
Unprotected but no ejaculation
Symptoms from last 3 days heaviness in head, little tired, gas
I had an ipill in month of jaunary on 3rd and then periods on 26th XXXXXXX
In the periods for 2 days . One day prior to starting of period i had got a discharge and after that 2 full day periods was there
The ipill taken by me was in XXXXXXX . I did not take any pill in feb
Not pregnant. No need to consult at present.
Thanks for updated information. I have reviewed attached image.
You are NOT pregnant as the test is negative. Take healthy diet, drink more water, control body weight and need adequate rest to recover properly.
Don't be worried much. Good luck and take care.
Meprate is NOT a birth control pill.
Welcome back again.
Meprate contains Medroxyprogesterone acetate as active ingredient. It is NOT a birth control pill. It is a progesterone pill and usually used to induce period and control heavy period bleeding.
However, Depo-provera shot (contains Medroxyprogesterone) can be used as birth control method. It is injected every 3 months. It is highly effective (less than 0.3% failure rate).
If you want birth control pill, then I can suggest combined oral contraceptive pill like FEMILON etc from D1 of cycle and continue same on scheduled time for next 21 days with 7 days gap for period.
Good luck and take care.
Meprate is not so useful in unprotected sex.
Thanks again for query.
Meprate can delay ovulation. However, it is NOT a reliable birth control pill and I can't recommend this to take during unprotected sex.
Instead, you can take regular combined oral pill or use emergency pill (if sexual intercourse is NOT done frequently). It will give high protection rate.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unprotected sex during ovulation
- Unprotected sex during ovulation pregnancy test negative pregnant
- Unprotected intercourse before ovulation chances of pregnancy
- Can sex during ovulation lead to pregnancy
- Unsafe sex during ovulation taken nordette chances at pregnancy
- Had unprotected sex during ovulation period chances of pregnancy
- Can sex during ovulation cause pregnancy
- Unprotected sex two days before ovulation chance of pregnancy
- Could unprotected sex during ovulation lead to pregnancy
- Sharp painwhite discharge during ovulation chances of pregnancy