question-icon

What Are The Chances Of Pregnancy Post Intercourse During Fertile Days Using Condoms?

default
Posted on Sat, 28 Oct 2017
Question: had intimacy with a lady 9.10.17 in which i not only used a condom but i also pulled out with the condom on now 10.3.2017 she tells me not only that shes late but shes taken 2 test and there both positive. in the event i put the protection on backwards could that cause pregnancy? i tested thecondom by holding up to see if anything leaked out and nothing leaked out. I'm so confused
doctor
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Agarwal (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello user,Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello user.


If you used the condoms correctly it will give 99 percent contraception.You used pull out method too.Both method if used correctly wont cause pregnancy.
Please mention the date correctly, 9.10.17 has not come yet.
Please mention her last period date.


Thanks.
You can ask if any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Agarwal (20 minutes later)
Condom was used correctly and it was used with the pullout method. no breakage, no slippage or anything. September 10th was the morning me and this person was intimate. She has stated that her period was three days late and upon taking two test she had two definitive positive test (Very dark line) now I'm curious lets say I somehow put the condom on backwards (highly doubt it) with correct usage being 99 percent with pullout method included what would be percentage with backward condom and pull out with no breakage
doctor
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Agarwal (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello user,Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello user.


Both methods used correctly provide very effective contraception[99 percent].Intercourse done on fertile period can only cause pregnancy.So i asked you the last period date to find weather you had intercourse on fertile period.Intercourse during infertile period wont give pregnancy.You can do sonography to confirm the pregnancy.

Thanks.
You can ask if any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Agarwal (14 hours later)
Let’s hypotheticly say the night/morning we did it she was on a fertile day.. with methods I used how much does the chance decrease
doctor
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Agarwal (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hello user,Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello user.

If you do intercourse during fertile days with condoms and pull out method,it will provide 99 percent contraception.Chances of pregnancy are only 1 percent.


Thanks.
You can ask if any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Sheetal Agarwal

OBGYN

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 1004 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
What Are The Chances Of Pregnancy Post Intercourse During Fertile Days Using Condoms?

Brief Answer: Hello user,Do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hello user. If you used the condoms correctly it will give 99 percent contraception.You used pull out method too.Both method if used correctly wont cause pregnancy. Please mention the date correctly, 9.10.17 has not come yet. Please mention her last period date. Thanks. You can ask if any further query.