What are the chances of pregnancy despite taking an i-Pill post sexual activity?
i-Pill is effective if taken within 24 hours.
The fluid like secretions- precum can cause a pregnancy. i-Pill is a single dose tablet and should be taken as early as possible and not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure. It is not effective if taken 72 hours after unprotected sex. It is 95% effective within 24 hours of unprotected sex, 85% between 25 - 48 hours and 58% if taken between 49 - 72 hours.
If she has taken the pill within 24 hours then there is no need to worry. She can wait for her next periods to be sure that she is not pregnant.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods had taken i-pill post intercourse pregnancy chance
- What are the chances of pregnancy even after taking i-pill
- Will pregnancy despite taking i-pill lead complications in the fetus
- Delay in periods had periods after taking i-pill pregnancy chances
- Severe abdominal pain after taking i-pill no menstruation pregnancy chances
- Are there chances of pregnancy after taking the i-pill
- What are the i pill complication after pregnancy
- Chances of pregnancy after taking i pill within 20 hours
- Chances of pregnancy after having i pill
- Is there chance of pregnancy after taking i pill