What are the chances of pregnancy despite having periods after sex?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I had sex with my girlfriend on 7th feb she took unwanted 72 within 12 hours, her period was due on 21 feb but they came after delay of 8-10days. Then she don't have a period in the month of march and april then on 1st may she got her periods. what are her chances to be pregnant plz help
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

There is no chance of pregnancy. If you had periods after sex then there is no possibility of pregnancy.

These are just irregular periods and not pregnancy.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Problem is that, She had periods delayed by 10 days that to in form of hard clots for two days and next month she doesn't have a period.

If in worst case if she is pregnant then is it safe to do abortion after sauch delay of four months. ie aafter 16 weeks of pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Test for pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

Abortion is not at all the question. She is absolutely not pregnant.

I suggest you do a simple home pregnancy test now to check if she is pregnant. This will put your mind at ease.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
We are afraid because the periods she had on 28Feb(delated by 8 days) were not like normal periods it was low in blood and high in clots of red colour also it last for just 2 days.
After that she did not had period in March & April.
Here next period was on 1May.
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF HER BEING PREGNANT???

If in worst case if she iS pregnant then Now its more than 16 weeks from day of unprotected sex does there any way of getting abortion, because i have read that abortion is done before 16 weeks of pregnancy. Please explain in DETAIL i am so much afraid plzzzzz help us
We dont want a baby before marriage.
I m from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Is there any place in XXXXXXX for safe and secure abortion.
please tells us where to go for abortion.
Plzzzz help us Plzzz PLZ.....
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

Sometimes it is normal for the llady to have variation in flow and duration. I consider there is no chance of pregnancy even in worst case scenario. You are worried without any reason.

If she is pregnant at 16 weeks, abortion cannot be done as per rules.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist