What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex?
BETTER TO TAKE MORNING AFTER PILL,
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Does she always have regular periods, because in this case, the cycle seems to be delayed already ?
It is always best to take a morning after pill.
That way, chances of a pregnancy are further minimized, even though they are already remote around this time of the cycle.
Also, bear in mind that if she takes the emergency contraceptive ( morning after pill ) then that might also further delay her cycles.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Yes, she is having her period regularly. But usually where the normal range of time between periods are 28-35 days, hers are closer to 32-35 days. Also, I forgot to mention in my first entry, that I did not ejaculate inside her vagina, and the sex only went for under a minute and we stopped because we were too scared. Do you think the chances of pre-ejaculation (if any) causing pregnancy at this stage of her menstrual cycle is still big for her to need to take morning pill? I asked this because I wouldn't want to force her to interrupt her cycle anymore by asking her to take the pill, if it's not necessary.
NO NEED TO TAKE THE PILL.
As such, she is on cycle day 34, this is assuming that even if she has a maximum cycle length of 35 days, she is just pre menstrual, when the chances of ovulating and conception are next to zero.
Also, you did not mention earlier that her cycles are 32 - 35 days.
Even assuming the longest cycle length, she has already ovulated, and emergency pills do not work after ovulation.
So there is no need to take them.
Furthermore, with the sexual encounter described, only pre ejaculate , that too, hypothetically, might have entered the vagina.
I think you need not worry about pregnancy, and do not need the pill.
Just wait for her period.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Missed periods unprotected sex pregnancy tests negative spotting pregnancy chances
- What is the possibility of pregnancy after having unprotected sex
- Had unprotected sex what are the chances of pregnancy
- Had unprotected sex experiencing early pregnancy symptoms chances of pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of pregnancy after unprotected sex
- What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex
- What are chances of pregnancy after protected sex
- Had unprotected sex negative pregnancy test chances of pregnancy
- Delayed periods negative pregnancy test had unprotected sex pregnancy chances
- Unprotected sex chance of pregnancy