What are the chances of pregnancy after taking an I-pill?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: i wanted to ask about the chances of my pregnancy. i had my coitus on 27 XXXXXXX (unprotected) and followingly taken the i-pill to prevent pregnancy on 28 within 12 hours. i was having the normal periods with the gap of 28-29 days. my menstruation cycle goes this way : XXXXXXX 16-20, feb 20-24, march 25-29, april 26-30, may 28-31, in XXXXXXX no periods and in july period came on 2nd and lasted till 4rth (may be spotting). yesterday, i conducted the pregnancy test and it was negative. now, i want to know is there any chances of pregnancy. if my periods are delayed then by what time they will come??
Answered by Dr. Soumya 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about possibility of pregnancy.

There is no chance of pregnancy as you have started pill at right time and taken adequate precautions.

You had periods also after that in july. Hence there is nothing to worry. Wait for periods to start

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T