What are the chances of pregnancy after taking Primolut N post abortion?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Had an abortion on Aug 8 had a light brownish bleed went for a follow up on Aug 11 doctor said abortion was successful gave me primolut to take for 4 days had withdrawal bleed on aug 22, 7 days after I stopped the pill, almost the ending of September and no period last time I had sex was July 23 took home pregnancy test came back positive is it possible for me yo still be pregnant after withdrawal bleed.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After a withdrawal bleed the abortion is complete. The chances of still being pregnant are nil. The weakly positive home pregnancy test takes at least 2 weeks after an abortion to become negative again. In some cases it may remain weakly positive for even longer.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal