What are the chances of pregnancy after taking Levonelle tablets?

Dr. Abhijit Sonawane

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi
I had sex with a girl and the condom fell off, i did ejaculate and she removed the condom from inside her, about 20 mins after i got her to take levonelle, so we was super quick, her next period is in 8 days and according to her period tracker app she ovulated 6 days ago,
What are the chances of her getting pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Sonawane 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
almost nil as you have given her levonelle tablet

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting in HCM.
As you have already taken levonelle tablet which an emergency contraceptive pill well within 72hrs she will be well protected against pregnancy.
Do not be worried about it.
Other thing is she might experience slight delay in her periods due to imbalance caused by this tablet which is seen commonly. So a delay of 1 week in her periods might be there. Do not get worried or panicked. You can safely wait for 1 week.
I hope i have answered your query well.
If you have any more query kindly write back to me will be happy to answer them.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj