What are the chances of pregnancy after protected sex?

Question
Okay. If I had sex with a condom on then I took it off for a minute,wiped it off,(didnt go to pee) put it inside her for 5 seconds maybe, then took it out and she still took Plan B. Will she have any chance of getting pregnant. I DID NOT come in her. Please explain to me
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances are less.

Detailed Answer:

Firstly, if she has regular cycles and is not in the ovulation or fertile period, intercourse even without protection is safe.

Secondly, it was protected and ejaculation did not happen, though, pre-ejaculate is sufficient to cause conception during the fertile period without any barrier method.

Thirdly, she did take emergency contraception and this makes her very much safe. Only, she may have some breakthrough bleed in a couple of days and her next normal period may get delayed by a week or two.

If she does not see her next period even ten days after it is due, please see a specialist for the correction of the hormonal imbalance created by the emergency pill.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy after protected sex? 2 hours later
What if she did it the week before she was suppose to start. Shes suppose to start this week. Amd she took the plan b like 20 hours after we had sex so it wasnt a full day. Does that mean thats shes not pregnant at all? And usually does the pill irregulate periods?

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
The pill causes menstrual disturbances.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

If she has regular 28-30 day cycles, she was in the safe period when this happened and as such, there is no need to worry. Moreover, she has taken the pill within the stipulated time and this provides 85-90 percent protection. Her chances of getting pregnant are very very less.

The emergency pill creates menstrual disturbances like breakthrough bleeds and delayed periods as it contains high content of hormones enough to alter the normal hormonal milieu.

Hope I have answered your queries. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.