What are the chances of pregnancy after having I pill with 24 hours of sex?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Birth Control
Question: Hi Doctor,
I had sex on the night of 11th July around 1am. The condom broke and he ejaculated inside me. I had an i-pill the next morning around 11am. My last period was on 23rd XXXXXXX and I usually have 27-28 days cycle. I havent yet taken a pregnancy test, since its too early to take one, I guess. I'm not sure if the i-pill is 100% effective. Could I be pregnant. Please help.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IS QUITE LOW.

Detailed Answer:

In this context, chance of pregnancy is QUITE LOW as you took I-Pill within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex which will give more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy.

You will get a withdrawal bleeding within 5-7 days due to effect of the pill and next cycle may be delayed for 1-2 weeks due to hormonal imbalance.

If your period is delayed more than 1 week from due date, you must undergo one home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can write me in following address:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Thanks for the prompt reply Dr Soumen.
I needed to ask one more thing. I have read a lot about home remedies like papaya seeds, sesame seeds and unripe papaya etc. Do these remedies really work. Should I them a try. Do they have any adverse effects on health.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
YOU CAN TAKE THEM.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

Above food stuffs work little bit to induce period. You should try to avoid mental stress to get effective result.

You can TRY those foods and they are NOT harmful to your health.

Hope, it helps for you. Kindly, close the discussion.

Good luck and all the best.

Dr Soumen