What are the chances of pregnancy after an unprotected sex?

Dr. Chetna Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello sir, I have done sex today with my fiance. I used condom, but I have came out and when I remove my penis from her vagina, I have noticed some sperm at side of her vagina(not inside). Is there any chances of pregnancy.? if yes then please suggest me, how to prevent because we don't want a baby now. Her last periods was finished on 16, this month. Can she know the pregnancy result with the help of prega-news or something like that. And if she takes i-pill then what are the side effects.? please help us, we are very tensed, she is afraid of taking emergency contraceptive pills...
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Emergency contraception must

Detailed Answer:
she must take emergency pills available over the counter. main side effect is irregular bleeding. the preg test can be done 30 days from beginning of last periods and not before.
Follow up: Dr. Chetna Jain 6 hours later
Is there any other side effects if she takes i-pill, which is not required to take.? And after how many times her periods will occer again.?
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irregularity with I pill

Detailed Answer:
emergency pills once taken can cause bleeding after 3-5 days but a lot of women may bleed during menstrual time or even later. so the next periods could be early late and may be more frequent. however this is the only option now. rarely of pregnancy occurs after I pill it can be ectopic . success rates of I pill is about 75percent
Follow up: Dr. Chetna Jain 8 minutes later
thanks madam for your advise...
please also tell me how long(days or months) the side effects of contrceptive pills last and is there any side effect of her future pregnancy.?
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No effect in future

Detailed Answer:
you may take unwanted 72 or I pill now. the effect on menses may last upto 6 wks. no effect on future reproduction. don't delay take medicine ASAP