What are the chances of normal delivery?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: attd photo about first trimester scan of my wife. Aspirin has been given. 1st delivery was normal and at 26. Now age is 29. Any problems for normal delivery?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
uncertain at this point

Detailed Answer:
The report may be ok on the whole, except the doppler study. Its a way of screening possible adverse effects /complications that may occur in the course of the pregnancy. In your case, the doppler shows a possibility of such in later stages of pregnancy. This usually happens due to impaired blood flow to the fetus. Hence, as a prophylaxis , you have been started on aspirin to maintain the blood flow.

With regard to normal delivery, its too soon to say anything for certain. If there are no adverse complications later in pregnancy/obstetric complications, then normal delivery can be attempted. But its really a decision your doctor has to take, after assessing the situation at term.