What are the chances of miscarriage again with history of it?

Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 22 Jul 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I was pregnant last year and in 14th week of my pregnancy my baby was dead inside my womb. I came to know after 5 days. because till that time I have no moments or nothing else complications like that. Now again I am pregnant and this time it is my 14th week. I have done two times ultrasound because of last year complications. I want to know how can I know daily that my baby is alive. This is my second child. I am 38 years. old. Doctor have adviced me to take Suprox-Sr, Duphaston, Sefstart and Ecosprin-75
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX ,
Thanks for writing.
Your anxiety is valid now that you are 14 weeks again.
But let's look at the brighter side. You are on drugs and monitoring now.
Last time may be the baby was anomalous or abnormal so it expired inutero.
I hope this time you have done the NUCHAL THICKNESS ULTRASOUND and double marker blood tests.
If these are normal then the chance of losing the baby again is less.
As to how to know that your baby is alive and doing fine is a little difficult as you will feel movements only after 18-20 weeks that us 1&1/2. Months from now.
There is a equipment called hand held Doppler to check fetal heart rate but only medical staff will know how to use it.
So it's better to wait and continue your medication.besides if you are having symptoms of pregnancy then your baby will be doing fine.
You can go for twice a month checkup so that your doctor will check your baby heart beat by Doppler or scan.
Please feel free to write back anytime to
Dr XXXXXXX BALIGA.
Best of luck.
DR XXXXXXX B