What are the chances of interaction of Paxil with Crystal Meth residues?
Hi, I have a question about the street drug crystal methamphetamine. I smoked crystal methampehtamine in my car a few times and I found out that when I smoke crystal methamphetamine, the meth smoke that comes in contact with the surfaces in my car such as steering wheel, dashboard, radio, gear selector, emergency brake, car door handle, and everything inside my car will get contaminated with crystal meth residue (because the crystal meth smoke gets recrystallized when it comes in contact with a surface) and I read that the crystal meth residue can get absorbed through my skin and enter my bloodstream when I touch those contaminated surfaces, which can cause me to feel the effects of crystal meth but on a smaller scale. I am very worried about this because I already quit smoking crystal meth and I don't want any of those toxic chemicals inside my body anymore. I quit smoking meth because it is bad and I don't want my face to look uglier and older like those addicts in the before and after pictures. The thought of meth residue in my car makes me anxious because I don't know if it will affect me or not. And I heard I cannot clean those contaminated surfaces in my car with water or normal household chemicals because remember reading that I need a special cleaning solution to break down the meth residue.
Also, I'm planning to go back on the antidepressant called Paxil. I used to take Paxil back then but I tapered off a while ago but now I feel like I need it again. However, I am scared to take Paxil again because I am scared the meth residue will interact with the Paxil negatively, if the meth residue does get into my bloodstream.
Here are my biggest fears with meth residue and taking paxil:
1. I'm afraid that if I start taking Paxil again, the crystal meth residue in my car might get absorbed through my skin and get into my blood and negatively interacts with the Paxil...which might cause an adverse effect. Can this happen? Or am I just thinking irrationally?
2. Can meth residue really affect my body negatively if it gets through my skin and into my bloodstream? Can meth residue by itself cause my face to look older and uglier like those meth addicts in the before and after pictures? Even if I just touch the contaminated surfaces and the meth residue gets into my bloodstream through my skin, but I don't smoke it? Will it still make my face look uglier and older like those meth addicts in the pictures?
3. If I touch a surface in my car that contains meth residue and the meth residue gets absorbed through my skin and gets into my bloodstream, can the meth residue interact with the Paxil and cause my face to look uglier and older? (because meth residue and Paxil are both chemicals that work on the brain, I would think they would interact negatively with each other) I seen pictures of crystal meth addicts before and after. The chemical in meth makes their faces look a lot older and uglier even though they are young. I am afraid the meth residue in my car will get into my bloodstream through the skin and make my face look like those meth addicts in the before and after pictures when I'm on paxil. I am afraid the combination of the meth residue that gets in my body and taking the paxil will cause my face to look older and uglier because those two chemicals might interact negatively together.
I really don't know what to do...I cannot afford to buy a new car and I don't know what chemical solution will clean off the meth residue off the surfaces in my car, and I don't know if I should start taking the Paxil again. I am very stressed out about this. Please help.
Skin absorption of crystal meth from car cant cause toxicity
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
I can understand your concern. You have been using crystal meth and now have stopped its use completely. First of all I would like to tell you that absorption of crystal meth through skin is not common. Even if heavy residue remained on car still the amount that would be absorbed by skin will be very less. It cant cause toxicity. So there is no need to fear for that.
Coming to your questions-
1) As I have mentioned that I cant cause toxicity by absorption from skin so there would be no risk of any interaction of Paxil with Crystal Meth. There is no need to fear.
2) It would not cause any toxicity to your body through absorption through skin. Persistent meth smoking cause distortion of face and individuals start looking bad and their nasal bridge gets depressed. So never smoke meth again. Don't remain anxious about its systemic absorption or any toxicity.
3) Don't fear of interactions between the two drugs. They dont react very bad even if individual smokes while on Paxil. You are not smoking so no risk of even any rare interaction. Try to remain calm and take the drugs as per your prescription.
Thanks, I hope this helps you. Take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the texture of crystal meth
- What is in bunk crystal meth
- What causes body aches when on diovannifidiaclipitor and paxil
- What are the withdrwal side effects of paxil
- Amoxicillin and crystal meth interaction
- What does the residue of crystal meth look like
- Paxil with crystal meth
- Crystal meth and flexeril interaction
- Meth crystal interaction with antibiotics
- What's better paxil or prozac
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?