Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What are the chances of infection after anal sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1436 Questions
Hi, I was having unprotected vaginal sex with my girlfriend yesterday evening and I didn't realise until after we had finished but there was some poo around her anus that my penis might of come into contact with. I washed my penis afterwards and went for a wee about 2 hours after. If my penis had come into contact with any poo, would I be at risk of any infections or is there anything I can do to prevent any infection occurring as a result of possibly contact?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anaerobic infection if there is a cut

Detailed Answer:

Did you wash it off after the incident?
Is there a break on the skin of the penis or other contact areas? Please check it.
If there is a break there is a chance of infection otherwise you should be fine.
Just wash off with antiseptic lotions for couple of days two times a day.
If there is a cut in the contact areas then is better to get prophylactic antibiotics by a local doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor