What are the chances of getting STD through non penetrative sex?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I went to a strip club and while in VIP room kissed and fingered the stripper. I then proceeded to cum while she was grinding on me ( fully clothed). Am I at risk for any std?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of HIV other std except herpes simplex

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
According to the description given i do not see any contact of genital organs.
there is cloth between so there is no chance of STD.
But the Kiss and fingering might have had contact of skin to skin or kiss.
So there are chances of spread of herpes simplex virus if at all the partner had active lesions at the time.
Otherwise there is no risk of HIV or other Stds.
You can get back to me for any clarifications.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 18 minutes later
I saw no active lesions and kissing and fingering was brief. Not a smart move but is this low risk?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low risk.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
Yes it is definetly low risk as the period of contact is minimal or less.
You can allay fears about it.
You can get back for any clarification else close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh