What are the chances of STD infection after unprotected oral sex?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: Hello Doctor.

I received unprotected oral sex recently from 3 dodgy women. Maybe 4 or 5 sexual encounters in total with them.

Sometime after maybe a few weeks I developed a small hard pimple lump in the groin area. I tried to bust it a number of times but it wouldnt. It was very hard. After a few weeks it disappeared.

Some time after that maybe a number of weeks I got what to me appeared to be an external pile in my anus. I went to a pharmacy and they gave me a bacterial wash and after about a week it disappeared.

A number of weeks again after that I developed what appears to be a one off pimple in my groin area. It never seemed to develop into a full pimple that you could burst the matter out of. But it was quiet sore and ozzozed some fluid material when I tried to bust it. A relatively short time after it disappeared.

At the same time as getting the sore pimple above I also noticed a very ever so mild what appeared to be a rash on my upper lip. It covered say less than half my upper lip but was hardly noticeable. It disapperaed in a short time.

Now again after a number of weeks a pimple in my groin area and a rash on my lip has developed in the same area as mentioned above previously.

I must also say that during the above time I had an eye infection and I attended a doctor in a local clinic who told me it was as a result as atmospheric pollution. He prescribed drops and some bacterial cream. I am currently living in an area where there is a lot of air pollution from oil refinery and sand in the air at times. This episode cleared up but did reoccur a number of weeks after. Again I got eye drops myself in a pharmacy and used the cream from before and it cleared in a few days. It briefy seemed to reoccur again a third time for a day or two at the most but went away agin and I applied some eye cream soon after to ensure it was gone.

Sorry I cannot be more specific about dates and periods but I developed the initial hard lump mentioned above in the 2nd paragraph approximately say 6 months ago.

Can I please have your opinion.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Based on your description it does not seem like an STD sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Based on the provided description, it does not seem to me like any STD, at least based on your description.

The recurrent pimple-like structure could simply have erupted initially due to friction from the sexual activity with the women, and may have recurred due to various reasons. But more importantly, I cannot accurately judge without having a physical examination of the pimple like structure.

But based on your description, I do not think this is an STD sir. All the events could be merely coincidental. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.