What are the chances of STD contraction after oral sex?
Likely you are free of STD but you can take test to document it
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (MD, Skin and STDs). I have read your question and I hav enoted your concern.
As far as Hiv is concerned, protected sex is considered to be safe.
However, even protected sex does not provide complete protection against other STDs like herpes, HPV and syphilis therefore ideally you should screen for these STDs, however, it is unlikely that you would have them since you never had any sings or symptoms for 2 years.
Oral sex carries the lowest risk of STDs, however absence of any signs or symptoms for 2 years rules out the possibility.
Still, you can take an STD screening test for your peace of mind and document it on paper.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chances of transmitting std through oral sex
- Chances of getting std from oral sex
- Chances of contracting std after anal-oral sex
- Any chance of having std from oral sex
- Itchy sore throat after oral sex concerned for std
- Red spot on penis oral sex no bleeding std
- Sneezing and inflamed throat after oral sex std
- Unprotected oral sex tingling sensation in penis chances of std
- Can protected oral sex lead to a std
- Sore throat after having oral sex std