What are the chances of Hepatitis B and C infection through protected sex?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: sir yesterday i had sex with a prostitute .i used condom it was intact .there is no open sores on my penis .while i had 'khujali' so called in hindi 'dinay'.can i get hep b or c from her? Sir i am already depressed taking clonzapalm plz help me
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of transmission of hepatitis B and C is nil.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details.

The chances of transmission of hepatitis B and C is nil, if the condom is used in proper manner. Here intercourse is protected and condom is intact .I do not see possibility of transmission of hepatitis B or C virus.You can allay fears.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist