What are the chances of HIv infection through skin?
I have a one big query.
As far as I know, the skin at the front inside of nose (where the nose hair is) is not the mucous membrane... is the same with normal skin. Right?
Acutally I have a HIV phobia,
So below is my query.
If someone has the cut on Hand and blood on hand, and he or she touch my nostril with that bloody hands , Do you think is there any risk to for HIV virus to be transmitted .
Actually I know that it is very low possibility to get HIV virus by mucous membrane. and once blood come out from the body, it is very fragile.. but I think it is not zero.
So not splah the blood to the nose or eye's mucous membrane, but blood from the cut (not fresh, 1-2 minute after...),
So I want to know doctor's comment and where is the exact mucous membrane in nose... somewhat deep form nostril?
Thank you very muchl.
Nil chance of infection...
Thanks for asking HCM, I understand your query.
I am Dr Arun Tank answering your query.
There is very minimal to no risk of infection.
Mucus membrane is located somewhat deep to nostril tip. It starts at mucocutaneous junction just deep in the nose. You can see the junction in the mirror by picking the nose up, it looks pink color.
Junction is somewhat deep so only splash of blood can reach mucosa.
Blood touch with hand usually not reaches the mucus membrane easily.
If you have wound at mucocutaneous junction, then there is little possibility of infection.
In short: very nil possibility of HIV infection.
You can come back for further query here, or you can ask me on bit.ly/DrArun.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Chances of hiv infection through the broken skin and pimples
- Used common toilet chances of getting hiv infection
- Bleeding from a razor cut hiv infection chances
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Chances of getting hiv infected person