• question-icon

What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am a male in Australia. I had sex two times (one time on Wednesday and then on Thursday) with a high class escort. Here are some things we did together in each visit: Deep French kissing many times, Protected Vaginal Sexs, I received a blowjob with a condom, I gave natural oral on her (and I fingered her deep and tasted my fingers once).

I'm pretty sure the condom did not break. Yesterday (Friday), I noticed that I have white spots (hopefully I'll attach a picture) on my inner thigh and I suspect I have one or two on my butt (Even though I can't see or feel). The ones on the back (that I have no way of looking) are quite itchy, but not the ones on the inner thigh.

Do I have HIV or an STI? I'm super freaked out.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get tested

Detailed Answer:

The rashes do not look like ones due to STI.

Need not worry, it cant be HIV certainly.

The rashes appear to be due to allergic reaction, taking a dose of Bendaryl or any other antihistaminics will surely cure them.

Since you got involved in acts which might be able to transfer you infections, I suggest you get a screening of STIs. This for sure can assure you completely and leave you at peace.

Hope, I was helpful.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later
Thank you so much for your answer. In your opinion, what are the chances that I could have an STI? In a probability percentage wise?

The clinics are closed during the weekend and no doctors are available either in my area till Monday.

Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May not be connected

Detailed Answer:

The dry throat may not be connected to the rash or the possibility of the STIs.

In my opinion , I would believe that you have least chance of getting the infected, say around 15%.

Since the vaginal intercourse was protected this keeps you away from many STIs.

Still, I suggest you to get tested once the labs open up.

Dr. Raju A.T