What are the chances of HIV transmission through needle prick?
It happens with many. No one got HIV in this way
Welcome to HCM
Thanks for posting your query.
HIV cannot live outside the body fluids for not more than few seconds. HIV transmission through casual Contact is unlikely.
Even though she was not changing her glouse every time, she would have washed her gloved hands with every new patient.
I can understand your concern about our own health safety. Transmission of HIV through a gloved hands are unlikely even if she had put the band-aid sticker touched with her fingers.
HIV risk is negligible.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv transmission chances
- Solid needles and hiv transmission
- Hiv transmission stepping on needle
- Can a needle prick cause hiv
- Hiv transmission sewing needle
- What are the ways of hiv transmission
- Hiv from a needle prick
- What are the methods for transmission of hiv
- Chance of getting hiv through needle
- Needle pricks and hiv aids