What are the chances of HIV through sharing of clothes?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I went to a massage in singapore two weeks back. she had mastubated me after i ejaculated she went inside and bring a hot we towel and wiped my penis. my question is if the same clothes she used for previous customer, any chance to get HIV
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it.

HIV does'nt survive outside the body, therefore you need not worry about acquiring HIV.

Follow-up: What are the chances of HIV through sharing of clothes? 9 minutes later
sir, the clothe she used to wipe my penis is wet (little hot), so if any hiv infected fluid in it, still no chance to enter through urethra. pl confirm

Brief Answer:
You are safe

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Not possible to get HIV via this route, not at all. As I said before the virus does'nt survive outside the body. So no way it could have stayed alive on towel.

Moreover, the virus must have access to the bloodstream directly through a break in the mucosa/skin. Just wiping the penis with a supposedly HIV infected towel won't be sufficient for the virus to enter the blood stream.