What are the chances of HIV infection with unsterilised gloves?
Sorry, probably a silly question...
I just had a teeth cleaning at the dentist. I was over due and there was quite a bit of blood. I noticed my Hygienist in the middle of cleaning looked at something on the computer and touched the computer mouse and then carried on working on me without changing her glove. She did the same thing a bit later and did change her glove.
I know I'm over worrying, but would this present any risk of contracting an infection like HIV if something was present on the mouse and then somehow got back into my mouth as I was bleeding? Seems that everything else they touch has a plastic cover.
Chances of HIV transmission is nil.
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic.
I have gone through the details.
HIV usually does not survive outside in the environment beyond few minutes.So the chances of transmission of HIV by the mode described is nil.
You can allay fears of HIV.
You can get back for any clarification.
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Chances of getting hiv infection from oral sex
- Used common toilet chances of getting hiv infection
- Bleeding from a razor cut hiv infection chances
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Chances of getting hiv infected person
- What are the chances of HIV through protected sex?
- Suggest treatment for 4 enlarged lymph nodes on groin area
- What causes burning sensation while urination post Azithrocin intake?
- How is ebola virus transmitted?
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis tip
- What causes burning sensation in peins after having sex?
- What causes elevated heart rate?
- What do small sores on penis indicate?
- How accurate is a CMIA HIV test done at 38 days?
- What causes burning sensation around the lips?