What are the chances of HIV infection after unprotected intercourse?
The chances are slim, of course depending on her status of course.
Welcome to HCM. Many things have to be in motion for one to contracted with infection, there are some STD's that are more infectious than others, the best true way to get an answer is to get tested, but I am guessing if you have been symptom free for this long then you are probably safe, however, diseases like syphilis can lie dormant for even 10 years before symptoms, chlamydia can present after years as men usually can live without symptoms. So please get tested. Thanks
You have less chances of contracting HIV. This is due to the male anatomy
Now I would say that the first assumption would be if the female was HIV positive, and even then it depends on her viral load, if she was actively shedding virus and symptomatic, so without scientific proof you are at a 30% of contracting HIV from her, now if there was anal sex involved, that percentage goes up to 60% because of the nature of skin breakdown and trauma during the activities.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chances of hiv infection after having sex with prostitute
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Should i be concerned with hiv infection after unprotected intercourse
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Chances of getting hiv infected person
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex