What are the chances of HIV infection after protected sex?
No risk of Hiv through finger nail touching penile tip.
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I have taken note of your query.
I would like to know whether the sexual encounter was protected or unprotected?
There is no risk of hiv through her finger nail touching penile tip.
Thanks for your time again.
Take up an HIV DUO test
The virus does not survive outside the body in dried secretions so it is unlikely that the virus would survive on her hands/fingers.
Theoretically virus can transmit through non-intact eczematous skin on scrotum if the vaginal secretion came into direct contact with eczematous scrotal skin during sexual contact.
Therefore you may take up a blood test for HIV at 1 month post sexual contact with an HIV DUO test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Chances of hiv infection after having sex with prostitute
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Had protected sex oral and vaginal chances of hiv infection
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Chances of getting hiv infection from oral sex
- Diarrhea pain fever night sweat after protected sex hiv infection
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex