What are the chances of HIV infection after protected oral and vaginal sex?
You need to consult.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara. P
Thanks for posting your query.
If you have come in contact with her vaginal secretions then yes you have high risk of HIV ( and other sexually transmitted diseases ) .
I would recommend you to consult an infectious disease specialist and get started on Post exposure prophylaxis medication.
As of testing is concerned the test that can detect HIV infection earliest is Western Blot test. But even this test will take at least 2 weeks to detect. Apart from HIV also get tested for other Sexually transmitted diseases.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.
Start PEP as soon as possible.
You can contact Dr XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX Asia Yeshwanthpur. But tomorrow being sunday she may not be available , but still try.
Since PEP is better if started early I recommend you consult any Physician if you don't get to consult Dr. XXXXXXX and get PEP started at once.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Chances of hiv infection after having sex with prostitute
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Had protected sex oral and vaginal chances of hiv infection
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Diarrhea pain fever night sweat after protected sex hiv infection
- Chances of getting hiv infection from oral sex
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex