What are the causes of persistent fever?

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is ten years old her temperature has been between 102 and 103.5 for three and a half days now.. When it gets to 103 we have been giving her ibuprofen or tylenol and it brings it down to 99 to 100.5 . For the first two days she had no appetite but has stayed well hydrated. Today she is eating well playing video games and still well hydrated but fever is still climbing to 103 with no other symptoms. In six hours it will be four days of fever. Should we take her to the emergency room? Is there reason for concern? We have looked for rashes there are none. She has no pain and no signs of flu or cold.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. Your child is otherwise active and playful and so I would not be concerned and do not feel that she needs to be taken to the ER. It is only if the child seems lethargic or drowsy that it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.

Please continue to give ibuprofen or tylenol when needed. Also use tepid sponging.

Let me know if I could help further.