What are the causes of fluctuating cochlear hearing loss?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a gradual hearing loss that begins about 7PM and continues to bedtime, about 10:30. When I wake up the problem is gone. I also have a slight headache in my forehead. this happens daily sometimes more and sometimes less. I had a course of antibiotics from my local doctor. I have not been able to see an ENT due high seasonal demand.

It is now 1/2 hour later. No response. I failed to tell you I also take eye drops for glaucoma. These are: Brimonidine - one drop morning and evening - Left eye
Timolol - one drop morning only - Left eye
Latanaprost - one drop each eye morning and evening
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hearing loss

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The fluctuating type of hearing loss as in your case can be due to many reasons. the most common being eustachian tube blockage.
You should get a pure tone audiometry done and send me the report.
Any history of excessive XXXXXXX phone usage?
Any history of frequent nasal or throat infection?
Any other symptoms like ringing in the ears?
Secondly use a xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day for a week.
Get your blood pressure checked.
The headache can be due to high blood pressure or glaucoma or it can be a side effect of glaucoma medicines. You should consult your ophthalmologist for this.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards