What are the causes of fluctuating cochlear hearing loss?
It is now 1/2 hour later. No response. I failed to tell you I also take eye drops for glaucoma. These are: Brimonidine - one drop morning and evening - Left eye
Timolol - one drop morning only - Left eye
Latanaprost - one drop each eye morning and evening
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The fluctuating type of hearing loss as in your case can be due to many reasons. the most common being eustachian tube blockage.
You should get a pure tone audiometry done and send me the report.
Any history of excessive XXXXXXX phone usage?
Any history of frequent nasal or throat infection?
Any other symptoms like ringing in the ears?
Secondly use a xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day for a week.
Get your blood pressure checked.
The headache can be due to high blood pressure or glaucoma or it can be a side effect of glaucoma medicines. You should consult your ophthalmologist for this.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause hearing loss genetically
- Occupational hearing loss causes
- Possible causes of hearing loss
- Causes of hearing loss
- Infection causes hearing loss
- Decibels that cause hearing loss
- What causes hearing loss in left ear
- What are the possible causes of hearing loss
- Sudden hearing loss causes
- Slight hearing loss causes
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?