question-icon

What are the causes of IVF failure?

Posted on Tue, 24 Nov 2015
Question: hi doctor,
I'm a 31 years old female. I've under gone for IVF treatment in XXXXXXX procedure and process completed, i have taken injections and tablets as prescribed by doctor, after 3 weeks of treatment i had vomiting for one day & next day we went to doctor and pregnancy is not confirmed. We are not aware of exact reason of not conceiving after IVF, doctor yet to say. However she advised to try again with the change in procedure, medicines and treatment. Kindly advise whether there will be any positive result by opting for second time and will there be any side effect of it in future.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
please send details of failed IVF cycle

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about failed IVF.

IVF is not always hundred percent successful procedure. The success varies between 30 to 70 percent.

The success depends upon quality of egg, sperms, resulting embryo, and uterine problems.

Please attach a copy of IVF summary along with this query so that I can see the embryo quality and advice you further if I see any problem.

There are many women who have got pregnant in second cycle. Hence don't worry about it.

Please provide me complete details about failed IVF cycle to help you better.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist