What are the causes for fatigue?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: what causes fatigue

Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
there are many possible causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for posting your query at Healthcare Magic.

Fatigue is a very common and general symptom.It is not specific symptoms.There are many possible conditions that can cause fatigue .Most common causes are:
-Poor sleep habits
-Obstructive sleep apnea ( in this case you can experience several abrupt awakenings at night,you snore loudly and have excessive daytime sleepiness ,tiredness and fatigue).
-Low blood pressure
-Anemia (low hemoglobin and RBC count ).
-Thyroid gland conditions (mainly Hypothyroidism)
-Heart conditions
-Diabetes Mellitus.
-Viral infections
-Several other conditions can cause fatigue (chronic conditions).

To understand better the nature of your fatigue and to determine the possible cause ,it is necessary a detailed medical history,other symptoms that you might have ,physical examination and to run some essential tests like complete blood count,blood sugar.thyroid profile.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any other question or doubts to clarify.I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati